|Home||Chesapeake Rivers Map Lab||Click on Whale to return to October Calendar|
Use Your Chesapeake Bay MAP to complete this Section
1. Label all of the rivers on your Chesapeake Bay map which are the source of fresh water for the bay. Write the name of the river such as the James plus write the word River = James River.
2. Label the states that border the Chesapeake Bay.
3. Label the Elizabeth River and the cities of Norfolk, Hampton, and Virginia Beach.
4. Locate and label the cities of Fredericksburg, Richmond, Petersburg, Washington D.C., and Baltimore.
When these cities are located, draw a line connecting all of them. Draw and Label this arch shaped line called the Fall Line which marks increased elevation, and water falling from the mountains above.
5. Draw an accurate key of the salinity
gradient for the Chesapeake Bay. It shows the change in salinity in the
Some questions have two part answers.
Be sure to answer all parts of the question in sentences.
1. Which three rivers supply most of the fresh water
to the Chesapeake Bay?
5. What is a common factor that links the cities joined along the Fall Line?